Diarrhea is a common problem in dogs as like in a human. the dogs would put anything into their mouth and would result in diarrhea. Apart from that certain foods would be hard for the dogs to digest hence results in diarrhea. there are also few other causes like viral, bacterial or parasitic infections. Hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms are some of the parasites that cause these kinds of bowel syndromes. Here are some remedies on how to get rid of diarrhea in dogs.
Get your vet’s advice if your dog is too young, too old or if it has some pre-existing health issues. And also call if the diarrhea is too watery and if it is vomiting profusely. You can treat your dogs with some home remedies if he is a healthy adult.
- To save your dog from dehydration ensure access to plenty of clean water. And also encourage him to drink so.
- For dogs who just have diarrhea.
- Get him some white rice with white meat in chicken excluding the skin and the bones. Let this be the dog’s diet until his stools attain normal consistency.
- For the dogs with diarrhea and once or twice of vomiting.
- Make him starve for 10-12 hours at least, and also limit his water consumption. ensure that at least he has a little quantity of water to avoid the issues of dehydration. You can include some chicken or beef broth with white rice in his diet, ensured in limited quantity. This has to be given after six hours of starvation. Also, wait for 2 hours after the meal if you dog hasn’t vomited, then offer him another bowl chicken and rice. Continue this remedy and also lengthen the time gap in between each diet until you are satisfied with results (i.e. until you see the consistency of stool is hardened. If none of the remedies works and if your dog’s condition is worsened take him to your vet immediately.